Small Creature Book

Well after losing a lot of my previous art belongings (thanks again, random thief) I grabbed a few new sketchbooks - heres a handful of pages from my small dedicated creature/animal one.  It's a little all over the place as far as where my focus is, but its good to be at the very least trying to keep up a steady pace.

As far as my own thoughts on the animal topic - I'm hoping to level up my animal anatomy a bit further with more rapid but accurate studies, and keep trying to research and mix believable animals.  Reading more is definitely on the list!  I've picked up a 3rd DK Publishing book on animals and they are highly recommended.

I miss landscape painting, too.  




Take care, thanks for checking things out.  Share your own blog below if you're here anyways  :)

Comments

  1. oh my god. i want the brid with that many legs, great drawings jake as usually :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment