And more Animals

These animal drawings came before the last post, but I thought were worth sharing as well before getting to new stuff.

These pages were done with reference for general drawing practice:


For these pages I started with studies, but carried on to explore some characteristics a bit further - a great exercise to explore a subject.  The Kangaroo Mouse was lifted out of here for a digital piece once I had exaggerated a few things.



And lastly studies of Ken Hultgren and his amazing skill in capturing animal movement with great lines.  Some day I will draw this fluid without reference as well :P

Comments

  1. Hotness.

    If you are open to suggestions and if I may make one, experiment not only with what you draw but also with how you draw. The shapes you use, the lines you use; build the vocabulary so that you have many ways to say what is important so you are never lost for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very open to suggestions and I like what you have to say. I really need to do more exploring in the areas you've mentioned, appreciated pal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment